Property Owners and Landlords
Continuous Service Agreement
Great Plains Natural Gas (GPNG) Co.’s Continuous Service Agreement (CSA) program provides property owners and property management companies the ability to maintain constant, year-round utility service to a property without the worry of interruption if a tenant moves out. The purpose of the program is to provide continuous service to property owners, however, it is not intended as a property management tool. The program does offer several advantages:
- Allows GPNG to place service into your name, without interruption, if we are advised the property is being vacated. The agreement also allows the option to transfer service into your name in the event the tenant account is discontinued for nonpayment.
- Automatic transferring of service. This avoids the natural gas service being shut off, thus eliminating the possibility of damage to your property, such as freeze-up during the winter months.
- When energy service is reverted into your name, reconnection fees do not apply if a Continuous Service Agreement is in effect.
Now you can view details and request changes to your Continuous Service Agreement (CSA) online. Enroll today and start to manage your CSA through the Property Portal website. The following online tasks are available through the portal:
- Add or remove properties on your CSA
- Check the service status of existing properties
- Determine if service at an address is in your name or a tenant’s name
To activate a CSA with GPNG, visit our Property Portal to quickly complete the process online.
Continuous Service Agreement Details
For more information, or to activate a CSA by mail, fax or email, review the CSA documentation available at the following links and process according to the instructions provided:
Tips for Completing the Forms
Incomplete or incorrectly-filled-out forms cause delays in processing your Continuous Service Agreement (CSA) and leave your properties unprotected. Before sending us a completed CSA, be sure to do the following:
- Check a box in Section 4 titled DISCONNECTION.
- Ensure that the GPNG Account Holder Name and Signature have been filled in on each page
- The GPNG Account Holder Name should be identical on each page (name and spelling).
- The GPNG Account Holder Name is the name that should appear on the bill when the service reverts.
- The Signature should be identical on each page (Signature name can be different from the GPNG Account Holder Name if it is for a business).
- Provide a Social Security Number if the account is for a person or a Sole Proprietor business, or provide a tax ID number if service is for a business (except for Sole Proprietorship).
- The document “Exhibit B: CSA Authorization” above is an optional part of the CSA. It is for the owner of a property(ies) to designate a third-party company, or individual, who is authorized to make transactional changes to the CSA. If there is no property manager, or other authorized third party, it is not necessary to complete Exhibit B.
The Continuous Service Agreement (CSA) program is a free service. There is no cost for the landlord or the tenant.
We strive to process these requests as quickly as possible. If you provide us with an email address on the form, we will notify you by email when processing is complete. Until the CSA is in effect, we encourage you to remain in contact with your tenant regarding occupancy of the property(ies) in question as it is possible that service can be interrupted.
The terms of the CSA stipulate that it will “continue in effect until cancelled by either party upon five (5) days prior written notice.” There is no renewal required.
Changes to the CSA must be made in writing or online. The following methods may be used to request a change:
- Online at: http://customer.gpng.com/propertyportal
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – all email communication must be sent from the email address provided to us by you on the CSA.
- Fax to: 701-323-3104
- US Mail to:
Great Plains Natural Gas Co
Attn: Customer Support
PO Box 7608
Boise, ID 83707-1608