At Great Plains Natural Gas we provide customers with energy efficiency tips and access to incentive plans for more efficient energy use, as well as environmental information.
We take pride at Great Plains in our efforts to be good stewards of the land and its resources. We live and work in the communities we serve and taking care of the environment is important to us. We have three primary goals in regard to the environment:
- Minimize waste and maximize resources.
- Support environmental laws and regulations that are based on sound science and cost-effective technology.
- Comply with or exceed all applicable environmental laws, regulations and permit requirements.
Environmental Community Opportunity (ECO) Fund
Environmental stewardship is a part of Great Plains Natural Gas Company’s mission and daily life, and our commitment to the communities we serve is taken seriously. As part of our continued environmental commitment, Great Plains – along with its three sister companies – has established the ECO Fund to support projects that enhance environmental education and stewardship in the communities we serve.
Environmental education projects may include grants for teacher training, books or equipment for classroom use, field trips or special project support in the natural or physical sciences.
Community environmental stewardship projects may include such things as nature trail development, wildlife area enhancement, recycling and community cleanup promotion, or the development of ‘living laboratories’ for the use of students and the general public.
Energy efficiency resources
It’s important to look for ways to reduce energy usage around the home. As an ENERGY STAR partner, Great Plains Natural Gas is committed to help you save energy and money. The following list is provided to help identify ways to conserve and use energy more efficiently.
- Energy Star Home
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency
- American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
- Energy Hog for Adults and Children
- Home Energy Saver Audit Tool
- Consumer Federation of America
- Alliance to Save Energy
- US Department of Energy – Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- US Department of Energy – Energy Education